A woman in Singapore by the name of 陈玮丽 has published her harrowing account of how she confronted a serial Upskirt sex offender after she found that he took videos of her. This all occured in Simei.
She tells her story in her own words below. Netizens can then decide on this case.
Edit: hi... i received so many messages from both females and males and i really wish to express my thanks for the effort & time u took to message me, to encourage me & to tell me about ur own experience. however, I’m in a really down mood.. I’m worried about the fact he knows the area I live (I have to walk past there Everyday) and other issues pertaining to the matter. I’m sorry if I didn’t reply because I really don’t feel like talking much. Thank you guys.
After much consideration, and despite the fact that i have concerns for my safety, i have decided to tell my story today to the public. Most importantly, i hope that my experience shared is not futile...women should always take a stand for themselves.
I was wearing a Long sleeve shirt and almost a knee length skirt, yet this incident could happen. if i as an adult was so scared, I cannot imagine teenagers or secondary school girls in the same position. Dont be scared and keep quiet about it...
1. I was walking home, it was in the afternoon. I was reading something and not really paying attention to my surroundings, i did hear a plastic bag sound behind me and subconsciously realised that there was someone behind me, but i didn’t realise how close this person was until i felt something touch my right inner thigh..
I turned around immediately and saw him bent down, with the phone turn up and he pulled it up. i saw video of myself. I was so shocked i couldn’t even think???
2. I asked him what he was doing and he said nothing and begin walking away really fast. I demanded to see his phone, chases after him, grabbed him and tried to retrieve the phone. i saw another glance of video (presumably of me, because I could see white shirt / black skirt / long hair) we were sort of running around w him trying to lock him and get the phone.
3. At one point I got the phone but he twisted my left wrist and snatched it back. This whole scuffle lasted about 1minute so u can imagine the time he had to delete the videos.
(he was running around the whole time, to the extent he slipped twice, all this while fiddling with his phone)
4. After that, he passed me his phone and said ok you check now.
The video attached is after the scuffle and when he passed me the phone. (i didn’t think to video earlier bc I just wanted to get his phone to get evidence of the videos he took)
if u hear closely, he mentioned i was struggling with him, how could he have deleted?
In the first place, if he had just passed me his phone immediately when i caught him, there won’t be any struggle. The fact that he had to run, and me having to chase him and trying to get the phone and getting my wrist twisted in the process showed that there is a lapse of time between me catching him and him passing me his phone.
This lapse of time is when he was deleting those videos he took.
5. His history was deleted, i scrolled through the recent photos / deleted photos / videos and found nothing. i was really really upset because i saw those videos with my own eyes.
6. He told me go ahead and make a police report, even giving me his particulars and walked off. at this point i was really traumatised by the fact that
- I didn’t even realise he was videoing me despite him being in so close proximity
- no one came to help (there were nobody in the nearby vicinity)
- i was so upset about the fact I just didn’t have the strength to pin him down and get the videos which i saw with my own eyes
- as such, there was no concrete evidence: just his word against mine...
At this point I wanted to forget the incident and just go home but..
7. The fact that he was so daring to come right up behind me while i was walking, to the extend that his phone touched my thighs, and i saw his address on his IC (not near where I stay, means he had been trailing me) made me decide to make a police report in case somebody else kena!
8. Police came, made some calls etc. while i was waiting, I sent the photos of him and his IC to my friends and one of them did CSI work and found this https://www.straitstimes.com/…/navy-operations-supervisor-j…
Showed this to the police officer and more police officers came down. From here i will not say anymore and let the SPF do their job.
9. Crying now as i write this. Today was suppose to be a good day for me, starting my intern, i was looking forward to getting some studying done when i got home, but instead, i spent the afternoon filing police reports, trying to get clinics to do a medical examination on my wrist (i eventually gave up- GPS don’t fill in reports) and when I walked home after trying to find a clinic to fill the report, i saw a woman w short hair wearing a similar color shirt (blue) i jumped so hard.
10. My wrist is hurting now and i really feel humiliated and violated by his act and feel traumatised by the whole incident especially by the fact that i was so oblivious and it happened in daylight. The fact that a stranger has seen things he shouldn’t without my knowledge makes me feel like i want to vomit. Im really worried that the videos get circulated on forums, as I suspect he still has them (probably sent to someone else) 😪😭
I really hope that he would be heavily sanctioned / get whatever help he need and that he will not commit such a crime to any other female again.
* I have given the facts as accurately as possible to my best ability
* pls take into consideration that I’m not a 100% sure that the article is him. But Prima facie it appears to be him. Attached his IC, you guys judge for yourself. (added this at 5:49pm)
Powermoneywomen.com blog is a place where we focus on the most pressing topics facing our current times in Singapore and the immediate region and the globe beyond.
Singapore Doctor Swaps Blood Sample for HIV Positive American Boyfriend so he can Land Job in Singapore
Man jailed for 1 week for hitting elderly woman with his car, causing part of her right leg to be amputated.
Singaporean Girl Exposes the Face of a Cheating Boyfriend who made her Pregnant AND Took her Money to Splurge on an Electric Scooter
Youths allegedly ask for donations of up to $150, following students to ATM if they do not have cash.
Najib Goes Ballistic During TV Interview when Reporter Asked about 1MDB, Rosmah's Handbags and Mongolian Model
Thief at Ang Mo Kio Hub : You have 3 days to return $99 Bluetooth headset from the store you stole from before a Police report is made
Remember the Former Indian DBS Employee who posted A Defaced Singapore Flag...heres what has happened to him...
Netizen Warns : China Couple with Valuable Branded Attire Goes around RWS in Singapore asking for 'Lunch Money'
Singapore Spotted : SilverCab Taxi SHB8308E Drives like a Maniac deliberately Endangering LIVES on Singapore roads. LTA Please take action
Maserati (SKK9192G) China Born NUS Professor who drove Dangerously Charged in Court and Pleads GUILTY. Continues Duties at NUS.
WANTED MAN : Singapore Police Seeks Public Assistance to find this Man for Outrage of Modesty Case. Care and Share
Indian Yoga Instructor who Molested his Student Multiple Times Appeals and now gets Caning and longer Jail term
Attention Authorities! : Singapore Bus Recklessly drives causing massive danger to Singaporeans. SBS 8366T
46 year old man allegedly slaps 13 year old boy, grabs his neck before robbing him of his handphone.
Kind Hearted Singaporean Stops to Help Injured Man but Gets Summoned by LTA Officer. LTA cancels the summons.
Malaysian Registered Car VU1356 Fails to stop at Zebra Crossing and knocks down an Elderly Singaporean Man
Singapore Population Hits 5.64 Million. Non Residents and PR Stands at 2.166 Million. Singapore Citizens number 3.49 Million.
Driver Alert! : Jaguar SDK2626B Cut queue and drives headlong into oncoming traffic causing Accident
Please Share! Singapore Police and Family is seeking a 16-Year Old Girl with Down Syndrome who is MISSING! Be our eyes and Bring her home.
Predator Alert : 53-Years Old Married Man Sexting An Underage Schoolgirl and Traded Obscene Photos of themselves
Dangerous Driver Alert : Volvo SLV3446U Captured by Camera Endangering other Road Users. Warn and Share.
Scam Alert : Police Warns Singaporeans to Beware of "John Richard" from ICA. A list of Blacklisted Scammer Numbers here.
SKV3657P Mercedes Benz driving with Poor lane discipline on MCE. Can Anyone Guess whats his malfunction?
Have You Seen This Girl? Police Confirms she was last SEEN on June 30. Missing Almost 80 days. Care and Share
Hero tells Girlfriend "I would make you more famous than a porn star". After spending $1000 on a stolen card
Be Aware Singapore : DO NOT FALL for Internet Love SCAMS. $37 Million had been lost in 2017 alone by Love Scams.
Waiter at St James Power Station nightclub joined gang attack then washed hands before resuming his shift.
Scam Warning : Netizens Gets Call from 89990936 About 'Pending Summons' and also receive calls claiming to be from Singapore Police.
Lawyer Suspended 5 Years for Sexually Humiliating A Molest Victim in Court by Asking Inappropriate Questions About her Breast
Singapore Police Handling Incident where Indian Man Punched a 62-Year old Elderly Driver and "Monkeyed" Around
Scam Alert : Do NOT fall Prey into Phishing Scams: DBS, OCBC and Singapore Local Banks. Singapore Police Warns Netizens.
Two 16 year old teen boys convicted for taking upskirt videos and filming of female schoolmates in shower
Singaporean Netizens Sports Suspicious looking SAF 'Major' which appears "Too Highly Decorated" and "Appears Suspicious"
KIA Driver (SKU1117A) Chases after Lady Driver and tries to bully and intimidate her after accusing her of "Overtaking". Share and Shame
Netizen Warns Singapore about Chinese and Indian Pair which Drives around in a Company Truck and Steals
10 years jail, 24 strokes of cane for male tutor for attempted sexual assault on male teen in swimming pool shower.
Vietnamese Woman Permanent Resident who Cruelly Beat to Death her Step Daughter's Pet Parrot gets JAILED in Singapore
Singapore Permanent Resident Predator who Targeted Girls as young as 12 Years old and Sexually Assaulted more than 10 of them Jailed and Caned.
Elderly Ferrari Driver Shi Ka Yee and her Long battles over Drink Driving, Assaulting a Fellow Road User, Stopping her car in the middle of Orchard and her Tree
Man Walks into MBS with Bag of Sex Toys intending to RAPE. Rape in Singapore Hotels and how to protect Yourself.
Indian Hot Tempered Woman Who attacked Bali Immigration Officer Gets 3 Years JAIL. Really? TRUE OR FALSE?
Indian Taxi Driver Jailed for Molesting Female Passenger in Taxi after Sending her Home in Singapore
Netizen Warns about Man who Rented a Car, Got into an Accident and went Missing. Black Listed by Online Community
Netizen Warns Public about Cat Abuser who Unleashed Dog to attack a Cat while she watched. Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Vicinity.
If YOU See this on an Escalator....CALL FOR HELP Immediately!
Did a few day-old baby just survived that insane back breaking fall?